Horns Rev II
- Interconnection of 91 wind turbines at Horns Rev II, and a central offshore transformer station.
- The wind farm is located on a sandbank 27-41 km off the west coast of Denmark.
- Interconnecting the wind farm, arranged in 13 rows each with seven turbines. Each turbine supplies 2.3 MW, and the total installed output will equal approximately 210 MW.
- The cables are burried at water depths of 9-18 metres.
- Supply 70 km medium-voltage (MV) subsea power cables for the Danish offshore wind farm Horns Rev 2 by 2010.
- For Horns Rev 2, the Nexans Group also supplied a high-voltage (HV) subsea cable connecting the wind farm with the Danish onshore power grid.
Photo credit: Dong Energy